We achieve optimal injury recovery by:
- Providing early assessment, diagnosis and hands on treatment
- Using on-site state of the art equipment such as professional ultrasound imaging of muscle, tendon and other soft tissue structures to assist in accurate early diagnosis
- Education about the cause of injury and how to prevent it recurring
- Biomechanical analysis to determine any muscle imbalance or deficiencies
- Specific corrective exercise programs
- General and maintenance fitness programs
- Sports specific programs
We have a strong commitment to teaching and education and have run courses for other physiotherapists and the general public, supervised students at both an undergraduate and Masters’ level through Curtin, Notre Dame and UWA and have tutored and lectured in musculoskeletal physiotherapy on the UWA Masters programme.
Our commitment to teaching was recognised by UWA in 2009 when both our physiotherapists at Active Health were awarded Teaching Fellowships for their work on the Masters of Manual Therapy Course.